23/09/2026

Many Telegrams Related to Sun Yat-sen in Japanese Archives Deciphered

A few days after identifying the code condenser to decipher the telegram to Sun Yat-sen (reported the other day), Daniel Bourdeau found that the telegram was only part of a larger collection. He succeeded in deciphering many of them. One is a report of assassination of Chen Qimei (陳其美) sent the day after the event. I wonder whether these telegrams reached the recipient and are preserved for historians. If not, his achievements will shed new light for historians.

Two pieces of news for crypto people. First, Bourdeau found telegrams that cannot be read with the family of code condensers he found combined with the standard character code. I added this in my list of unsolved ciphers.

Secondly, I successfully determined the mapping between the character code and the three-kana code identified by Bourdeau.

See the new section in "Solution of Two Chinese Cipher Telegrams Archived in Japan (1916)".

No comments:

Post a Comment