14/11/2021

A Chinese Telegraph Codebook from 1916

Many Chinese telegraph codebooks are on sale on Chinese websites (much more than Japanese telegraph codebooks sold on Japanese websites), but I cannot order them from Japan (at least because I cannot read Chinese). The other day, I found some Chinese codebooks are available from secondhand booksellers in Japan. I was so glad of the findings that I ordered one from 1916, though I was aware that it was one I've seen on the web. As long as I got a copy, I added pictures to "Chinese Telegraph Code (CTC), or A Brief History of Chinese Character Code (CCC)" (and a full version in Japanese). 

The picture below shows the oriental binding, with two pages printed on a folded sheet (Wikipedia).


 

This was not the case when I acquired another codebook which I think is from the 1930s (reported here).

No comments:

Post a Comment