12/02/2023

More Ciphers/Letters Related to Mary, Queen of Scots

I reported my coauthored paper about the discovery of Mary Stuart's hitherto unknown letters the other day. I now uploaded "Ciphers of Mary, Queen of Scots". It lists ciphers and ciphertexts related to Mary (previously known ones for the most part). I still have some leads and hope to update it in near future.
Some ciphertexts are not accompanied with plaintext. I identified some of them with known plaintext. There still remain some ciphertext I could not identify, which I added in "Unsolved Historical Ciphers".

(18 February) I added a section for cipher letters related to Mary preserved in The British Library in "Ciphers Mary, Queen of Scots". I could identify most in my list with known plaintexts, and deciphered one by using the same key (Mary's letter to Norfolk in Cotton MS, Caligula C II, f.74).

No comments:

Post a Comment