06/12/2020

Ciphers in Catherine de Medici's Correspondence

Some weeks ago, I added ciphers used in the correspondence of Catherine de Medici. (When I said it was the first time I came across ciphers used in her correspondence, I did not remember I already described in the same article a cipher used in a letter from Foix to Catherine de Medici in the reign of Henry III.) Now, I added more ciphers used in letters of the Queen Mother during the reign of Charles IX. As for as the specimens I encountered this time, the Queen Mother used the same cipher as Charles IX. (Not that they did the ciphering themselves. The letters are undersigned by a secretary of state.)
I also made one addition (Tournon?) in "French Ciphers during the Reign of Henry II of France" and another [Hurault?] in "Unsolved Historical Ciphers".

No comments:

Post a Comment