09/01/2022

Any Material about Codebreaking of Philibert de Babou de la Bourdaisiere?

Philibert de Babou de la Bourdaisiere reportedly was a codebreaker for King Francis I. But the only primary source seems to be a brief reference in Vigenere, Traite des chiffres (1586). My search did not find anything about his codebreaking, but found a ciphertext in a letter to him from his son. Although the letter is accompanied with plaintext, I have not been successful in reconstructing the cipher. (The plaintext seems too long for the length of the ciphertext.) I mentioned this in "French Ciphers during the Reign of Henry II of France".
I also added other ciphers therein as well as in "French Ciphers during the Reign of Francis I" reconstructed from the same source (BnF Dupuy 44). 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment