11/01/2022

Ciphers in Cardinal Wolsey's Copybook

Back in 2012, I presented a cipher used by Cardinal Wolsey in "Cardinal Wolsey's Cipher (1524)". It was taken from a fragment printed in a nineteeth-century encyclopedia. Now I found another letter in Harley MS 6345 in which the same cipher is used. Actually, the fragment seems to belong to the same letter in Harley MS 6345, but the corresponding ciphertext is not in Harley MS 6345. So, there must be some other source of the cipher fragment.
I also added two other ciphers from Harley MS 6345. 


 

4 comments:

  1. How can I contact you with a Cipher from the 2nd Earl of Chesterfield, Philip Stanhope from 1659?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have sent you an email with an attached image. I hope this helps.
      Thank you.

      Delete
  2. Hi. My email is at the bottom of the Cryptiana homepage.
    (I will mention this in my profile, but it may take time because I forgot how I can edit the profile.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I updated "About this blog".
    Also, I found that the location of my email address is mentioned in my profile page, which can be reached by clicking on the nickname "cryptiana."
    It's a shame I needed so much time to find these out. Just for my personal memorandum:
    (1)レイアウト→sidebar-right-1にAbout this blogがある→編集
    (2)設定→一番下に、ユーザープロフィール

    ReplyDelete